Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are beneficial to the human body. They are often referred to as “good bacteria” because they help to restore balance to the intestinal flora, which helps to improve digestion and overall health.
Probiotics can be found in many foods and dietary supplements, including yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, and miso. Probiotics may also help to reduce inflammation and strengthen the immune system.
Probiotics benefits for men
1. Improved Digestive Health: Probiotics can help to improve the balance of good and bad bacteria in the gut, leading to improved digestive health,helping to prevent and relieve digestive issues such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and gas.
2. Improved Immunity: Probiotics can help to boost the immune system by increasing the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut. This helps to increase the body’s ability to fight off infections.
3. Improved Mental Health: Probiotics have been shown to have a positive effect on mental health, such as reducing stress and anxiety.
4. Improved Heart Health: Studies have shown that probiotics can help to reduce cholesterol levels and improve overall heart health.
5. Improved Skin Health: Probiotics can also help to improve skin health by reducing inflammation and improving the balance of oil and moisture in the skin. This can help to reduce acne and other skin issues.
6. Reducing Risk of Prostate Cancer: Studies have shown that probiotics may help to reduce the risk of prostate cancer due to their ability to influence hormone levels.
7. Lowering Blood Pressure: Probiotics can help to lower blood pressure by aiding in the production of nitric oxide, a chemical that helps to relax and dilate blood vessels.
8. Supporting Reproductive Health: Probiotics can support sperm motility, helping to improve fertility and reproductive health.
How to pick good Probiotics for men
1. Look for a probiotic containing multiple strains of bacteria. Different strains of bacteria offer different benefits, so it’s important to choose a probiotic that contains multiple strains.
2. Check the CFU count. Probiotics are measured in colony-forming units, or CFUs, which is the number of viable, active cultures in a probiotic supplement. Look for a probiotic with at least 10 billion CFU per serving.
3. Choose a probiotic that is specifically formulated for men. Some probiotic supplements are formulated to address specific concerns for men, like prostate health or digestive health.
4. Select a probiotic that is shelf-stable. Some probiotics require refrigeration to remain viable, while others don’t. Look for a shelf-stable probiotic that can be stored at room temperature.
5. Read labels carefully. Be sure to read the label of any probiotic product you consider to make sure it is free of potentially allergenic ingredients, like dairy, gluten, or soy.
Probiotic supplement that I carry in my office.
The probiotic supplement I carry in my office is called Biotics 8. It is a professional-grade, all-natural, vegan probiotic that helps promote healthy gut flora and supports digestion, regularity, and immune health. It contains 20 billion CFUs of 10 clinically studied probiotic strains to help support your overall health. Biotics 8 is gluten-free and contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.